Dog Preventive Care
To keep your best friend going strong, start early, at 6 weeks:
- A physical examination
- Vaccinations for disease prevention
- Intestinal parasite detection and elimination
- Heartworm prevention
- Flea and tick prevention
- Spay or neuter at 4-6 months of age to prevent unwanted pregnancy and reproductive tract infections and cancers
As your dog ages:
- An examination should be done at least yearly – we can find so many treatable problems early with this simple, essential tool.
- Periodic vaccinations and deworming
- Prevention and/or elimination of heartworms, fleas and ticks.
- As your dog matures, wellness blood tests can help detect diseases early at their most treatable stage.