Cat Preventive Care
Cats really do not have 9 lives but this is what you can do to enhance and help extend the one they do have!
Starting when a kitten is 6 weeks of age, or when you first get your kitty:
- Test for Feline Leukemia and Immunodeficiency viruses. A simple in-house blood test.
- Test for intestinal parasites, which are easily identified by microscope then treated.
- Vaccination to prevent common and avoidable diseases including Rabies, Feline Upper Respiratory Diseases and Feline Leukemia.
- Spaying or neutering at a young age prevents unwanted kittens, of course, plus reproductive tract infections and cancers.
As your kitty ages:
- Periodic vaccinations
- Strategic deworming
- Prevention and/or treatment of fleas, ticks and ear mites
- Wellness blood tests can help detect diseases early at their most treatable stage